Friday, July 16, 2010

Momma, too!!

Joel has kindly granted me permission to start adding the books that I read to Gus.  (Didn't want you thinking that Gus' momma doesn't read to the little munchkin!)

Piglet and Mama
by Margaret Wild

Anybody who knows me well knows that I have always loved pigs.  (I wish I owned one...don't worry, Joel keeps telling me "no".) So naturally, I was excited to read this book.  Not only that but it is about a little pig in search of Mama...so sweet!  I loved that this book had us wandering all over the farm searching for Mama.  All of the other animals offered to do fun activities with Piglet...but Piglet wanted Mama!  How could you not love a book where the child passes up all sorts of fun stuff because they want their mom?!?  I also loved that we got to say "oink" so many times.  My little piglet giggled each time that I read any sentence with "oink" in it.  The only thing that I didn't like about the book was the the piglet was a girl...but I changed that!  There were no visual descriptors, such as a bow or a dress, indicating that this was a girl piggy...so I changed it to being a boy piggy.  And yes, I realize that Gus can't read yet, so he would never know...but I know!  Overall, I would give this little book 1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment