Friday, July 2, 2010

Been Awhile

I wish to apologize that I have not been good at this. I plan to change that and to change the direction of this blog. This blog is going to focus on the books that I read to my son Gus every night. I am doing this to track what books he has read and to comment on them. My goal is to update this daily with just a paragraph or two on the book. Today I will discuss the books that we started here in July.

July 1st, 2010

Skippyjon Jones: Shape Up
by Judy Schachner

This is a book with the famous cat Skippyjon Jones. This is a great book that focuses on shapes and helps to teach kids about them. It is a short book that is full of colors and shapes. I liked this book and Gus enjoyed it.

July 2nd, 2010

Duck for President
by Doreen Cronin

We read this book because of all the books on his bookshelf, Gus choose this one. It is the story of a duck and how he wants a better life. He journeys for the farm to the presidency, trying to find a life that is easy and enjoyable only to find that his role on the farm is what he wanted. I really liked this book it is a great story, has great illustrations, and is fun. I will say it was little long for a one year old but I think it is a great book for a little older kids.

I will hopefully have tomorrow's story for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment