Friday, July 9, 2010

Home from Granma's

Well we got back from Gramma's house and we did not get a chance to read a book at nap time. So here are the books from Thursday and Friday.

Thursday

Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born
By Jamie Lee Curtis

This is the story of a child who was adopted and wants to hear the story about her parents getting the call and going to the hospital the night she was born. This is a great book for kids who are adopted to help them understand how important their birth was and the excitement felt by their parents. I really like this book and gave it five stars, but I might be biased.

Friday
Naptime

I Love You this Much
By Lynn Hodges & Sue Buchanan

This is a story about a baby bear and his mother and how they tell each other how much they are loved. This book also came with a bonus music CD. I thought that this was a good book and I give it four stars.

Nighttime
Llama Llama Red Pajama
by Anna Dewdney

This is the story of little llama and his going to bed. He calls for his mom and when she does not respond right away he gets alittle distraught. I think that this is a great story for moms to read to thier kids as they put them to sleep I give this book a three and a half stars.

Have a good weekend Beth, Gus, and I are doing a 5k walk fundraiser for Bethany Christain Services, the adoption agency we worked with for Gus's adoption. If you would like to donate got to thier website and search for Race for Home. http://www.bethany.org/

1 comment:

  1. I love your take on the books you read to Gus. It reminds me of reading to my children and how I will soon be reading to my grandbaby! One of my personal favorites is Love You Forever. I read this book to my kids and loved it then. I had forgotten about it and then one Christmas my daughter gave a new copy to me as a present. Of course, tears were shed.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete