Saturday, July 3, 2010

Independence Day

Tomorrow is the Fourth of July so the the Book I read Gus tonight has an Independence theme. I guess because I am a History Teacher, I think that it is important to start Gus early.

John, Paul, George, & Ben
By Lane Smith

This is a book that discusses the founding fathers as children, with each having a specific trait. It then goes on to discuss how those traits were used to help us win our independence from Britain. The leaders discussed were John Hancock, Paul Revere, George Washington, Ben Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson. I liked this book, it is cute and it gets kids from and early age interested in History.

Bonus: It is summer so I also read to Gus earlier this afternoon.

If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart
By Jill Roman Lord

This is a book that discusses if Jesus lives inside each of us and how he could then see the things we do and how we learn from them. I think that this is a great book that teaches kids how to live with the Lord and to do what is right. I would recommend it to anyone.

Happy Fourth of July! Remember why this is an important day and why we celebrate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment