Monday, January 25, 2010

30

Well it is official I am 30. I still feel like I just got out of college. But that was 8 years ago. I had a great birthday and want to thank everyone for everything they did for me. First my student teacher had the students sign a poster for me and then made cupcakes for all the kids. Gus sent me a cookie bouquet. My mom sent me balloons, of course to school. Beth, Gus, me, Hannah and Sarah went out to dinner at Logans (Jason was busy coaching Brendan's first Basketball practice). Then played a card game with me, Beth, Sarah, and Jason.

Then the surprise party on Saturday. My dad convinced me to go to the track and bet his horse. I made a few dollars. My brother in law Jason convinced me that we were playing cards. Well that was the story and it got me there. I was stunned. I thought why is Murph here? It was great. I thank my wife for having the surprise party. I thank my sister and brother in law for having the party at there house. It was great.

To Sports:

Colts vs. Saints

Called it before the playoffs. The two teams I was hoping for won. My only reservation was the fact that the never been club is down a member. I don't want that club to shrink again until the Lions are the team leaving the club. I have to go with the Colts as my pick. I think that it is going to be a shootout which means a great game to watch. I am excited for the game.

AFC Championship

No more JETS makes me happy. If you told me that a team was down 11 in the AFC game I would probably say game over. Not the Colts 24 unanswered points. Peyton Manning is on Mount Rushmore of Quarterbacks with Montana, Elway, and Unitas. If he wins he is the best quarterback of the generation. I know Brady has 3 rings and that is impressive but Peyton is the man. This is hard to say because Brady is my boy having played at Michigan.

NFC Championship

Turnovers are killer. Hahahahaha Farve nice pick. I teach my jv quarterbacks not to throw across their body. 12 men in the huddle penalty? Really I thought I was watching professional football. How do you get that penalty? Vikings over thought themselves. You are playing for the Super Bowl. Nice job Saints.

Books update

Gus Books

A Cuddle for Little Duck by Claire Freedman and Caroline Pedler

I liked the rhyme great story.

Lullaby Moon by Rosie Reeve

Just like the previous book I recommend both.

Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton

This is a classic that I remember from my childhood. I love this story and I would recommend it to anyone with children. I have read this book to Gus more than any other.

I love reading to Gus. He is reaching for the books and loves to look at the pictures. I love this type of little moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment